From DOSBoxWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Clears the screen of all input and returns just the current prompt in the upper left hand corner.
- Copy a file
- Syntax is COPY <Orignal Filename> <New Filename>
COPY Document.txt CopyOfDocument.TXT
- Lists all of the available files and sub directories inside the current directory. Some variants of this are, "dir/p" (pauses after each page) and "dir/w" (this gives a wide view)
- Remove one or more files.
- Exit from DOSBox
- Makes a directory.
- DOSBox has no MOVE command. Use the REN command to move files.
- Removes a directory.
- Display the contents of a text-file.
- Renames one or more files.
- Note: Unlike MS DOS, DOSBox doesn't require the source and target filenames to be in the same folder.
- Loads a program into upper memory (requires xms=true,umb=true)
- Waits for a keypress and sets ERRORLEVEL. Displays the given prompt followed by [Y,N]? for yes or no respones.
- Used for batch scripts in most cases.
CHOICE "Text to ask"
- View and set the reported DOS version. Also displays the running DOSBox version.
- To set the reported DOS version use the following:
VER SET <MAJOR> [MINOR]
- where MAJOR is the number before the period, and MINOR is what comes after.
- Versions can range from 0.0 to 255.255. Any values over 255 will loop from zero. (That is, 256=0, 257=1, 258=2, etc)