GAMES:Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!
|Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
|Status||Seems fine, but haven't fully tested|
|Tested game version||1.000|
|Works with DOS32A||N/A|
Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out! is a lighthearted quest in which 40-something Larry Laffer finds himself in a health spa hotel populated by women whom he tries to romanticize.
The floppy version
This version is supported by ScummVM which may be preferable to emulating through DOSBox.
The CD-ROM hi-res version
This version is supported by ScummVM, but only in an early beta testing.
Making it work without the CD
Even if you choose full installation, the game still demands you to insert the CD every time you want to play. Luckily, it just does a simple file check. So here's how to bypass that check:
- Run the (obviously full) installation. For this example, let's assume you installed the game to C:\SIERRA\LSL6CD
- Copy the AUD folder from the CD to C:\SIERRA\LSL6CD
- Copy the SFX folder from the CD to C:\SIERRA\LSL6CD
- Copy the hires\patches sub-folder from the CD to C:\SIERRA\LSL6CD
- Edit c:\SIERRA\LSL6CD\RESOURCE.CFG in Notepad and search and replace (in this order and assuming the CD was installed from D):
- C:\SIERRA\LSL6CD to \
- \SIERRA\LSL6CD to \
- D:\hires\ to \
- D:\ to \
- The "\" assumes you'll always run the game directly from its folder.
From then on, ignore and BAT files and just run SIERRA.EXE directly.