|Publisher||Maxis, Electronic Arts|
|Status||Works without sound|
|Tested game version||Unknown|
|Works with DOS32A||N/A|
SimCity 2000 was the squeal to SimCity, and was released to multiple platforms. This article refers to the MS-DOS version.
Making it work
The game includes an INSTALL.EXE which sets the video and sound cards, however for the sound card, it reports a failure to verify the Sound Blaster, and other, cards. Setting the correct IRQ/DMA/port settings does not seem to help.
Please update this article if you have information which will let this game work with sound and music.
- 22 June 2008 by HB:
- Tested on Fedora 9, with repository RPM: dosbox.i386 0.72-4.fc9.
- Mouse works fine, but sound and music is lacking.
- 23 August 2008 by Anonymous:
- Tested on Windows XP SP2, with DOSBox 0.72. SC200 V. 1.0 (12/06/04) CD-ROM with Urban Renewal kit. (No CD boot, just install)
- Mouse and music worked OK but SFX were lacking. Reseted SFX setup to Sound Blaster Compatile with HEX 220 - IRQ 7 - DMA 1 and it worked! but not all the time, seems to be rather random.
- Kamnet 09:04, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- Tested on Windows XP SP3, with DOSBox 0.72, SC2000 v. 1.0.1 (09/26/1994) CD-ROM (installed to HDD)
- Mouse and music working OK. Sound card set to Sound Blaster AWE32, IO 220, IRQ 7, DMA 1, sounds just like I remember it!
- 12 December 2008 by Shadow:
- Ran okay in Windows Vista Ultimate. I ran as administrator and the sound and mouse work fine. Game runs really weird in full screen. All kinds of artifacts and flashing colors. Switching back to window mode seems to fix this problem.