|Publisher||Maxis, Electronic Arts|
|Status||Works without sound|
|Tested game version||Unknown|
|Works with DOS32A||N/A|
SimCity 2000 was the squeal to SimCity, and was released to multiple platforms. This article refers to the MS-DOS version.
Making it work
The game includes an INSTALL.EXE which sets the video and sound cards, however for the sound card, it reports a failure to verify the Sound Blaster, and other, cards. Setting the correct IRQ/DMA/port settings does not seem to help.
Please update this article if you have information which will let this game work with sound and music.
- 22 June 2008 by HB:
- Tested on Fedora 9, with repository RPM: dosbox.i386 0.72-4.fc9.
- Mouse works fine, but sound and music is lacking.
- 23 August 2008 by Anonymous:
- Tested on Windows XP SP2, with DOSBox 0.72. SC200 V. 1.0 (12/06/04) CD-ROM with Urban Renewal kit. (No CD boot, just install)
- Mouse and music worked OK but SFX were lacking. Reseted SFX setup to Sound Blaster Compatile with HEX 220 - IRQ 7 - DMA 1 and it worked! but not all the time, seems to be rather random.