Please clarify that under Windows, the configuration file is searched for in the following order:
- as specified by the -conf startup option if any.
- dosbox.conf, if it exists in the current working directory
- dosbox.conf in the program binary directory
- As of 0.73, 2 new steps were added:
- As specified by a -conf command line parameter
- dosbox.conf, if it exists in the current working folder
- dosbox-version.conf, if it exists in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\
- As last resort, it creates it on the spot in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\ and then uses it
- -Lwc 22:49, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- The 0.73 order is the correct order.
- for older versions it didn't look specifically in the program binary directory. That one just happened to be the same as the working/startup directory. WikiSysop 19:08, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
Command Window compatibility
1. Good password for logging in, thanks. I tracked the wikibandits years ago. ( try Rot-13 as a joke maybe )
2. When I was using the first VGA adapters, I noticed that it had two more video modes that you could access from the command line mode command:
A. a 43-80 character mode, and a 50x80 mode, and B. Eventually they added a 43x132 mode.
These were accessed by typing the mode con: ( for console configuration ) Lines=50. This works in the command promopt of All versions of windows. ALL, and worked as far back as the PS2/50, and the IBM VGA adapter:
More documentation as follows:
Topic covered in discussion: http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=27665
So, Ill reply there... and THANKS! for a great program. excessively compatible.