Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 19:44, 13 November 2009 by Lwc (Added signature and fixed phrasing. Also added a dot)
Please clarify that under Windows, the configuration file is searched for in the following order:
- as specified by the -conf startup option if any.
- dosbox.conf, if it exists in the current working directory
- dosbox.conf in the program binary directory
- As of 0.73, 2 new steps were added:
- As specified by a -conf command line parameter
- dosbox.conf, if it exists in the current working folder
- dosbox-version.conf, if it exists in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\
- As last resort, it creates it on the spot in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\ and then uses it
- -Lwc 22:49, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
- The 0.73 order is the correct order.
- for older versions it didn't look specificly in the program binary directory. That one just happened to be the same as the working/startup directory. WikiSysop 19:08, 29 May 2009 (UTC)