Command Line Parameters
dosbox [name] [-exit] [-c command] [-fullscreen] [-userconf] [-conf congfigfilelocation] [-lang languagefilelocation] [-machine machine type] [-noconsole] [-startmapper] [-noautoexec] [-securemode] [-scaler scaler | -forcescaler scaler] [-version] [-socket socket] [-editconf program] [-opencaptures program] [-printconf] [-eraseconf] [-erasemapper]
nameis a directory, DOSBox will mount the specified directory as the C drive.
nameis an executable, DOSBox will mount the directory of
nameas the C drive, and start executing
- DOSBox will close itself when the DOS application "name" ends.
- Runs the specified command before running
name. Multiple commands can be specified. Each command should start with
-cthough. A command can be: an Internal Program, a DOS command or an executable on a mounted drive.
- Starts DOSBox in fullscreen mode.
- Start DOSBox with the options specified in "configfilelocation". Multiple -conf options may be present.
- Start DOSBox with the options specified in
configfilelocation. Multiple -conf options may be present.
- Start DOSBox using the language string specified in
- Setup DOSBox to emulate a specific type of machine. Valid choices are: hercules, cga, ega, pcjr, tandy, svga_s3 (default) as well as the additional svga chipsets listed in the DOSBox configuration file. The machinetype affects the video card and the available sound cards.
- Start DOSBox without showing the console window, output will be redirected to
stderr.txt. This is useful if DOSBox crashes, since the error messages stored in
stderr.txtmay help the developers fixing the problem.
- Enter the mapper directly on startup. Useful for people with keyboard or joystick problems.
- Skips the [autoexec] section of the loaded configuration file.
- Same as -noautoexec, but adds config.com
-securemodeat the bottom of AUTOEXEC.BAT (which in turn disables any changes to how the drives are mounted inside DOSBox).
- If a
name/ command/ configfilelocation/ languagefilelocationcontains a space in it, put the whole
name/ command/ configfilelocation/ languagefilelocationbetween quotes ("example").
- In Windows you can also drag directories/files onto the DOSBox executable.
dosbox c:\atlantis\atlantis.exe -c "MOUNT D C:\SAVES"
This would mount
c:\ and run
atlantis.exe. Before it does that, it would first mount
C:\SAVES as the D drive.