|Tested game version||Unknown|
|Works with DOS32A||N/A|
Redneck Rampage is a 2.5D game based on the Build engine, but the game code is based off Duke Nukem 3D and includes a slightly modified version of the Build level editor. Redneck Rampage, much like other Build games such as Blood, Shadow Warrior and the aforementioned Duke Nukem 3D are First Person Shooters with a strong humorous bent, along with realistic level designs and unique arsenals. Redneck Rampage may be purchased from GOG.com where it is preconfigured with DOSBox.
Making it work
- Sound FX and Music work best using Sound Blaster 16.
- Screen resolution options are numerous, however higher screen resolutions can severely reduce performance. Please note that the game has been designed to run in the resolution of at least 640x480, making it somewhat difficult to achieve decent performance in DOSbox. It can be run in lower resolution modes, but the game might become unreadable.
- You will also have to mount the CD drive and run from the original CD or alternatively mount a CD image.
- The sound can become choppy with the Gravis Ultrasound option, although Gravis may give clearer sound.
- Redneck Rampage Collection at Good Old Games (GOG)