From DOSBoxWikiJump to navigationJump to search
|The Settlers II|
|Developer||Blue Byte Software|
|Publisher||Blue Byte Software|
|Tested game version||Unknown|
|Works with DOS32A||N/A|
The Settlers II: Veni, Vidi, Vici is a real-time strategy computer game.
Making it work
This game has been tested on the environments listed below:
- 20 February 2008 by Anonymous:
- Settlers II (specifically, the Gold Edition) ran fairly fast on a host using a Sempron 2800+ processor.
- 10 June 2009 by Anonymous:
- Settlers II Gold runs great in DOSBox 0.72 on a mobile AMD64 TK-57. It runs at the speed it did on my old AMD K6 166MHz MMX system with Windows 95, although it lags a bit when scrolling the map around.
- 22 April 2009 by Anonymous:
- Regular Settlers II, ver. 1.51, crashes frequently on Windows DOSBox ver. 0.72. Says DOS4GW error and jams the whole emulator.
- 13 September 2009 by Anonymous:
- Settlers II Gold runs in DOSBox 0.73 on AMD Phenom 2.2 GHz, scrolling doesn't lag at all, game speed like I remember from my old P100 computer. On Intel Atom it runs fine as well, but scrolling lags.
- 18 November 2009 by Anonymous:
- Runs fine on a Windows 7 System with Pentium T4200, 3GB RAM. Errors in colours make game unplayable in full screen.
- 18 December 2009 by Anonymous:
- There is also a native Settlers II engine available called Siedler 2 RttR  (it's localized into various languages), the website is currently down, but if you're interested you can get more help in IRC . It features network play and some other enhancements. Runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS X.
- The Settlers 2 Gold Edition at Good Old Games (GOG)