From DOSBoxWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Please clarify that under Windows, the configuration file is searched for in the following order:
- as specified by the -conf startup option if any.
- dosbox.conf, if it exists in the current working directory
- dosbox.conf in the program binary directory
- As of 0.73, 2 new steps were added:
- as specified by a -conf command line parameter.
- dosbox.conf, if it exists in the current game's folder
- dosbox.conf, if it exists in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\
- dosbox.conf in DOSBox' own folder in %ProgramFiles%
- As last resort, it creates it on the spot in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\ and then uses it
- -Lwc 22:49, 28 May 2009 (UTC)