I've already transfered the Basic_Setup_and_Installation_of_DosBox to this. With some url rewriting and other tricks I managed to convert the old link to this one. So the old url should redirect to new one once the thing is transfered. -Qbix
The old wiki stuff can be found at: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/oldwiki/
I noticed that the typewriter font must now be set using the html tag tt instead of the triple backquote
- -Just a suggestion - If typing in dos commands use the <code><pre>This is an example</pre></code> syntax. ~pck
This is an example
file uploads are allowed it is in the toolbox when you are logged in. This is handy for pictures and such.
Welcome to the Wiki page of the DOSBox project
DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, modem, etc., necessary for running many old DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and FreeBSD. However, it is not restricted to running only games. In theory, any DOS application should run in DOSBox, but the emphasis has been on getting DOS games to run smoothly, which means that communication, networking and printer support are still in early developement.
DOSBox also comes with its own DOS-like command prompt. It is still quite rudimentary and lacks many of the features found in MS-DOS, but it is sufficient for installing and running most DOS games.
DOSBox has a lively, user-supported community hosted at VOGONS (Very Old Games On New Systems). Official DOSBox Forum-- Feel very very free to drop by if you have questions about DOSBox!
- Basic Setup and Installation of DosBox
- System Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Special Thanks
More Specific Topics
- Command Line
- Internal Programs
- Special Keys
- The Config File (dosbox.conf)
- The Language File
- Mounting your CD-ROM in DOSBox
- DOSBox README File
- Frontends - simplifies running and understanding DOSBox.
- Running Resource Demanding Games - How to run programs that demand more resources from your Computer.
- List of Games and Applications - How to install and run them.